Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Instrumentation Calibration Engineer to join our team in Bristol.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Instrumentation Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for calibration of all aspects of instrumentation metrology and liaising with customers to ensure they receive a first class service. You will also be required to undertake instrumentation calibration inspections, measurements properly to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing MCMS Gage Insite and EMS management system. Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Calibration of various electrical and mechanical equipment
- The on- site calibration of pressure gauges and transducers, flow meters, vacuum gauges
- Temperature uniformity surveys and system accuracy tests of heat treatment ovens, to NADCAP standards.
- Calibration of temperature sensors and indication controlling instrumentation.
- Calibration of process line instrumentation (PH, conductivity, temp)
- Calibration of dimensional equipment with training scope.
- Perform regular intercomparison and verification checks.
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Assist with on the job training when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the customer/Trescal facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control.
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
Our ideal Instrumentation Calibration Engineer
- Ideally technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of calibration practices and theories.
- Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within customer focused environment
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an Instrumentation Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, and Trescal Perks Hub. At Trescal, every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer various development programmes which are ILM accredited.