Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Calibration Technician to join our team in Derby.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Calibration Technician you will be responsible for calibrating measuring equipment to both ISO9001 and BS EN ISO 17025 requirements in accordance with Company Procedures, UKAS publications, and other internationally recognised specifications. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing EMS management systems. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good Metrology practice to traceable and accredited standards.
- Maintain and produce accurate Calibration Records enabling the production of Calibration Certificates.
- Review, develop and audit automated and manual Calibration Procedures in accordance with Company requirements and from Clients and Auditor recommendations.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety Procedures, Policies and Safe System of Work.
- Provide Technical Support and guidance to colleagues on request.
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files.
- Participate in Trescal Interlaboratory measurement audits.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the customer/Trescal facility.
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
Our ideal Calibration Technician
- Formal qualification in a relevant engineering discipline or extensive demonstrable experience in and understanding calibration, both practical and theory.
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025.
- Strong understanding of Windows-based and Laboratory automation software.
- Good coordination/dexterity in order to undertake manual adjustments on high accuracy instrumentation
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an Calibration Technician, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, and Trescal Perks Hub. At Trescal, every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer various development programmes which are ILM accredited.