Health and Safety Supervising Officer
Type of contractFull time
CategoryQuality, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Supervising Officer to join our team in Derby.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Health and Safety Supervising Officer, you will be the Contractor Supervision across multiple technical departments on multiple customer sites and the and management and supervision of a small nationwide team of CSOs. To be responsible for HSE compliance to national and customer standards and to ensure all work is completed to the customer’s satisfaction and accurate work records are maintained. You will also be responsible for:
- Provide HSE adherence at all levels of the business.
- Providing strong leadership and communication skills to promote a positive work environment, professional customer service and a culture of positive change.
- Review operational and HSE documentation of sub-contractor wishing to attend customer sites.
- Review, revise and authorise RAMS to cover planned calibration work on customer sites.
- Liaise with customer to develop effective working relationships.
- Assists with the scheduling of contractor visits to customer sites and liaise with customer staff to ensure planned work visits are convenient and effective.
- Complete contractor performance reviews on a timely basis and establish development plans as required.
- Communicate regularly with sub-contractors and customers to maintain a good communication loop.
- Provide Key Performance Indicator reports to drive continuous improvement.
- Help develop and implement process improvement plans, improving efficiencies in all areas whilst reducing costs.
- Be part of the steering group to escalate Derby Pride Park to the No1 Trescal lab.
Our ideal Health and Safety Supervising Officer
- IOSH or NEBOSH Certified
- Management qualification or experience essential (Degree, HND, HNC).
- Some Calibration/ Measurement/Engineering experience (preferably within the aerospace industry).
- Project Management/Process development experience.
- Customer/Stakeholder facing experience.
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, responsive, detail oriented and possess a good work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Health and Safety Supervising Officer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, and Trescal Perks Hub. At Trescal, every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer various development programmes which are ILM accredited.