Senior Calibration Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Calibration Engineer to join the team based at our customer site in Crewe, Cheshire.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Senior Calibration Engineer you will be responsible for conducting specialist calibration and repair operations following procedures and ensuring compliance with Client contractual and KPI obligations.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Calibration of measuring instrumentation to Clients procedures or National UKAS standards.
- Identify and develop productivity improvement opportunities and support operational efficiency projects. Maintain calibration instrumentation, equipment, and facilities to required standards.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company and Client Health and Safety Procedures, Policies and Safe System of Work.
- Complete all assigned Quality and Continuous Improvement activities in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Undertake calibrations within contractual KPI
- Maintain and produce accurate Calibration Records within the clients CMMS system
- Maintain accurate database of standards used for calibration and their calibration certificates.
- Produce, review, develop and audit automated and manual Calibration Procedures in accordance with Company requirements and from Clients and Auditor recommendations.
- Provide technical support to colleagues on request in line with capability.
- Guides/Supports/Supervises junior team members; may assist in their formal orientation and training.
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files.
- Participate in Trescal Interlaboratory measurement audits.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the customer/Trescal facility.
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
Our ideal Senior Calibration Engineer
- Formal qualification in a relevant engineering discipline or extensive demonstrable experience in and understanding calibration, both practical and theory.
- Ability to train junior members of the team
- Strong understanding of clients CMMS system (TCMI and SAP), Windows-based and Laboratory automation software.
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to set customer expectations
- Good coordination/dexterity in order to undertake manual adjustments on high accuracy instrumentation.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Senior Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, and Trescal Perks Hub.
At Trescal, every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity.