CMM Calibration Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a CMM Calibration Engineer based at a customer site in Wolverhampton.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a CMM Calibration Engineer you will be responsible for calibration of all aspects of dimensional metrology (CMM operation and programming) and liaising with customers to ensure they receive a first class service. You will also be expected to undertake dimensional measurement and calibration to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications employing CMM techniques and equipment. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Calibration of various jigs and fixtures with CMM machines.
- Measurement of special products with CMM machines (simple to complex).
- Operation of Mitutoyo CMM machines using Calypso 7.2/MCOSMOS V3.
- Ability to read technical/CAD drawings and operate equipment to measure required detail.
- Ability to produce CMM programs (simple to complex)
- Perform regular inter-comparison and verification checks.
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
- Assist with on the job training when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the customer/Trescal facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
Our ideal CMM Calibration Engineer
- Ideally technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of calibration practices and theories, first principles and CMM.
- Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within Customer focused environment
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a CMM Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, medical health cash plan, flexible working, gym membership discounts, cycle to work scheme, employee well-being and financial well-being hubs, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, supermarkets, fuel, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications in customer services.