Electrical Senior Calibration Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Senior Calibration Engineer to be based at our site in Derby.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as an Electrical Senior Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking various calibrations both ISO9001/17025 accredited in accordance with Company Procedures, UKAS regulations, recognised specifications, etc. Calibrating measuring instrumentation to traceable and accredited standards (UKAS signatory) whilst maintaining relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing EMS management systems.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good Metrology practice.
- Calibration of Electrical measuring instrumentation to National standards.
- Sign UKAS certificates in the agreed area of expertise.
- Ensure all certificates and records are completed accurately; check completion dates and worksheet instructions to ensure work is completed on time.
- Participate in UKAS and customer surveillance and accreditation audits.
- Perform periodic measurements of the Laboratory standards as dictated by the Head of Laboratory or equivalent.
- Perform internal cross comparison audits within the Laboratory.
- Produce, develop and audit automated and manual calibration procedures for use within the Laboratory for customer calibration.
- Develop measurement uncertainty budgets for customer calibrations.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures and policies.
- Provide technical support to colleagues on request in line with capability.
- Guides/Supports/Supervises junior team members; may assist in their formal orientation and training.
- Undertakes additional responsibilities as required by the role and Career Level.
Our ideal Electrical Senior Calibration Engineer
- Have previous experience as an Electrical Instrument Calibration Engineer and calibrating Electrical measuring instrumentation to National standards.
- Ideally a technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC.
- Good understanding of calibration practices and theories.
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Experience of working within a customer focussed environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision & manage your own workload
- The ability to understand / interpret circuit diagrams will be essential.
- The successful candidate will need to be flexible as there may be overtime working requirements.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an Electrical Senior Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, medical health cash plan, flexible working, gym membership discounts, cycle to work scheme, employee well-being and financial well-being hubs, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, supermarkets, fuel, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications in customer services.
Interested in joining the team?
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a Electrical Senior Calibration Engineer submit your CV by clicking apply and emailing it to email@example.com