Dimensional Calibration Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Dimensional Calibration Engineer based at our customer’s site in Derby.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Dimensional Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking various calibrations both ISO9001/17025 accredited in accordance with Company Procedures, UKAS regulations, recognised specifications. you will also be responsible for calibrating measuring instrumentation to traceable and accredited standards.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Calibration of measuring equipment in the Trescal laboratory and on customer sites
- To include Micrometres, Callipers, Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks, etc.
- Calibration of Production Gauging – Plain Plugs, Screw Plugs, Spline Gauges
- Calibration of specialist products (as appropriate to individual)
- Dimensional checks on Fixtures/Tooling using first principle methods
- Surface finish checks on components
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification records and traceability
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QHSE aspects of work are implemented at all times
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the
Our ideal Dimensional Calibration Engineer
- Inspection or calibration experience
- Ideally technical qualification such as degree, HND or HNC
- Good understanding of calibration practices and theories
- Excellent knowledge of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Experience working within a customer focussed environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Dimensional Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, medical health cash plan, flexible working, gym membership discounts, cycle-to-work scheme, employee well-being and financial well-being hubs, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, supermarkets, fuel, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity.
Interested in joining the team?
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a Dimensional Calibration Engineer, submit your CV by clicking apply and emailing it to email@example.com