Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer, working for Physical Digital a Trescal company and be based out of our site in Guildford, Surrey.
What will I be responsible for?
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Design Engineer with a methodical approach who will take a primary role in a range of technical projects, who can strengthen our Design Team undertaking design and reverse engineering across a wide range of market sectors. This is a demanding but exciting role for the appropriately skilled person. A wide range of on-the-job training will be provided.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Design tasks ranging from reverse engineering of components through to new designs to meet the client needs.
- Designing complex fixtures for robust measurement of components.
- Undertake all aspects of the design lifecycle from requirements capture, concept design, detail design and production of engineering drawings.
- Responsible for commercial and project management activity quoting and winning work, then delivering the project to time and cost. Taking day to day responsibility for the project management of client projects.
- Ability to work alone using initiative to solve complex problems and work as part of a highly motivated team.
- Direct contact with clients throughout projects.
- Input into technical meetings and discussions. Be comfortable chairing technical meetings, preparing and delivering design reviews and producing technical reports.
- Utilising and implementing measurement good practice both for internal applications and client-based projects.
- A flexible approach to the demands of the business.
Our ideal Design Engineer
- Experience in design lifecycle from concept generation through to detail design.
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Siemens NX and/or Geomagic, but also others considered.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel).
- Report writing and communication skills.
- Experience in producing high standard engineering drawings to client specifications.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
Experience in or knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Advanced freeform surfacing
- Analytical skills (hand calculations and/or FEA)
- 3D scanning and design for 3D printing
- Exposure to automotive and aerospace industry
- Experience of composite tooling design
- Working towards professional registration
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Design Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, medical health cash plan, flexible working, gym membership discounts, cycle-to-work scheme, employee well-being and financial well-being hubs, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, supermarkets, fuel, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications.
Interested in joining the team?
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a Design Engineer submit your CV by clicking apply and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org