Lead Metrology Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Metrology Engineer to be based at our site in Guildford, Surrey.
What will I be responsible for?
We are looking for a Lead Metrology Engineer to take a primary role in a range of technical metrology projects. This will include significant client-facing service work as well as internal technical development projects supporting our design and engineering team. The work will be conducted at both our internal metrology laboratory and customer manufacturing facilities.
This is a demanding but exciting role for the appropriately skilled person. A wide range of on-the-job training will be provided accordingly.
Your key responsibilities will also include but are not limited to:
- Mentoring a team of Metrology Engineers ensuring metrology best practices.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with the day-to-day supervision of the metrology business, including resourcing and planning.
- Managing the metrology quoting system and providing accurate quotes to customers.
- Developing the internal metrology processes and procedures.
- Undertaking 3D data capture using primarily the GOM – TRITOP Photogrammetry and ATOS 3D Structured Light scanning sensor.
- Delivering complex technical inspection reports.
- Taking day-to-day responsibility for project management.
- Communicating metrology results and delivering technical presentations to clients.
- Promoting and developing 3D measurement opportunities at customer sites.
- Upholding companies QMS standards including ISO9001, Nadcap7130 and Nadcap 7004.
- Flexibility to work away from the office attending client sites and overnight stays as required, primarily within the UK.
Our ideal Lead Metrology Engineer
- A degree or HND/HNC in an engineering discipline although candidates with other academic qualifications combined with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Relevant experience using metrology systems.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing drawings and relevant standards.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel)
- A natural problem solver with excellent technical and analytical skills and understanding of statistics.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team to meet project goals.
- A full driving license is essential as regular significant national travel is expected.
Experience in or knowledge of the following would be desirable:
- Working theoretical knowledge of GOM measurement systems (ATOS & TRITOP) and software
- Knowledge of Polyworks inspection software
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Knowledge of Minitab or other statistical software
- Understanding of automated measurement systems and processes
- Experience with laser tracking technologies
- Programming or scripting (mainly Python)
- Experience with industry standards NADCAP/AS9100/AS9102
- Working towards professional registration
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Lead Metrology Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, life assurance, medical health cash plan, flexible working, gym membership discounts, cycle to work scheme, employee well-being and financial well-being hubs, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, supermarkets, fuel, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications in customer services.