Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Technician to be based at our site in Guildford, Surrey, GU3 3BH.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as an Apprentice Technician, you will learn to measure using 3D structured light and laser tracking technologies. You will also undertake design activities from fixture design to reverse engineering of components. All performed by you in accordance with our Quality System and Company Procedures that are externally audited to ISO9001 and AC7004 by BSI and Nadcap. You will also maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing our internal management systems.
On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Attending your designated Laboratory or Client site for on-the-job training when not at college.
- Performing measurement and design support functions as required in an efficient and organised manner.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the Trescal facility.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures and policies.
- Attend college as required in term time.
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above but are within your capabilities and where necessary training will be provided.
Our ideal Apprentice Technician – Essential Skills
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths at grade 4 or higher.
- PC literacy and knowledge of Windows based software.
- Proactive approach to learning and problem solving.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an Apprentice Technician you will be offered a highly competitive starting salary of £18,000 to £19,000, 25 days holiday, life assurance, medical health cash plan, flexible working, gym membership discounts, cycle to work scheme, employee well-being and financial well-being hubs, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, supermarkets, fuel, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. There is a career path to becoming a Measurement Application or Design Engineer following the completion of an Apprenticeship.