Electrical Calibration Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Calibration Engineer to be based at our site in Bredbury, Manchester.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as an Electrical Calibration Engineer you will be responsible for calibrating electrical measuring instrumentation and repair facilities to both ISO9001 and UKAS accredited in accordance with Company Procedures, UKAS regulations, recognised specifications, etc.
Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing EMS management systems.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good Metrology practice. Calibrating Force, Torque or Dimensional measuring instrumentation to traceable and accredited standards.
- Ensure all certificates and records are completed accurately; check completion dates and worksheet instructions to ensure work is completed on time.
- Participate in UKAS and customer surveillance and accreditation audits.
- Perform periodic measurements of the Laboratory standards as dictated by the Laboratory manager or equivalent.
- Perform internal cross comparison audits within the Laboratory.
- Additional reasonable duties as required by the role and Career Level.
Our ideal Electrical Calibration Engineer
- Ideally a technical qualification such as HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Good understanding of calibration practices and theories.
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Ability to create and calculate uncertainty of measurement.
- Good understanding of Windows-based (Excel and Word) and laboratory automation software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision & manage your own workload.
- The ability to understand / interpret specifications/Technical drawings will be advantageous.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible as there may be overtime working requirements.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an Electrical Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, medical health cash plan, flexible working, gym membership discounts, cycle to work scheme, employee well-being and financial well-being hubs, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, supermarkets, fuel, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications in your chosen field.