On-Site Test Rig Calibration Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for an On-Site Test Rig Engineer, based at one of our customer sites in Wolverhampton.
What will I be responsible for as an On-Site Test Rig Engineer?
Joining our team as an On-Site Test Rig Engineer, you will be responsible for calibrating measuring instrumentation used in Customer Production Test Rigs areas in accordance with Company Procedures, recognised specifications and other set standards. You will maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilising Trescal management systems.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good Metrology practice calibrating electrical, temperature, load, force, flow and pressure measuring instrumentation to traceable and accredited standards.
- Ensure all certificates and records are completed accurately; check completion dates and worksheet instructions to ensure work is completed on time.
- Participate in Trescal and customer surveillance and accreditation audits.
- Maintain the availability of the Laboratory standards as dictated by the Head of Laboratory or equivalent.
- Perform internal cross comparison audits within the Laboratory.
- Produce and audit calibration procedures for use within the Laboratory for customer calibration.
- Develop measurement uncertainty budgets for customer calibrations.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures and policies.
- Provide technical support to colleagues on request in line with capability.
- Additional reasonable duties as required by the role and Career Level.
Test Rig Signatory specific accountabilities
In the role of Test Rig Signatory, the Calibration Engineer will:
- Work independently according to approved calibration procedures and uncertainty budgets.
- Utilize calibration procedures and have a good understanding of the importance and relevance of uncertainty budgets. If required, create calibration procedures and uncertainty budgets.
- Comply with all guidelines as required by ISO 9001, 17025, and so on.
- Sign certificates in your agreed area of expertise.
- Maintain accurate calibration records that enable the production of calibration certificates.
- Perform maintenance breakdowns and strip and reassemble rigs to complete the calibration process.
Our ideal On-Site Test Rig Engineer
- Minimum +3 years working in calibration.
- Formal qualification in a relevant engineering discipline or extensive demonstrable experience in and understanding calibration, both practical and theory.
- Experience working on Aircraft and good understanding of aircraft terminology.
- Previous experience in Jig/Tool recertification would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and in writing.
- A clear and inspirational leader with a strong sense of direction.
- Excellent IT skills are essential to this role as is knowledge of the customer.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an On-Site Test Rig Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, medical health cash plan, flexible working, gym membership discounts, cycle to work scheme, employee well-being and financial well-being hubs, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, supermarkets, fuel, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications in your chosen field.